Join or renew your membership in the Indian Peaks Chapter, Colorado Archaeological Society!
The Colorado Archaeological Society is a private, non-profit organization established in 1935, and currently includes 12 chapters located throughout the state. The membership is comprised of avocationalists, students, and professionals interested in archaeology as well as the discovery, documentation, and protection of Colorado’s historic and prehistoric cultural resources.
Download Membership Application: Indian Peaks Chapter Membership Application
- Membership in the Boulder area Indian Peaks Chapter, Colorado Archaeological Society (IPCAS)
- Membership in the state-wide Colorado Archaeological Society (CAS)
- Regular meetings with lectures by noted professional and avocational archaeologists. (Lectures in September, October, November, January, February, March, April and May)
- IPCAS Newsletter, the Calumet, filled with articles, upcoming events, and volunteer opportunities. (Published September – May)
- Updates on local archaeological events.
- The renowned CAS quarterly journal, Southwestern Lore.
- The CAS quarterly newsletter The Surveyor.
- Field trips to sites around Colorado and the western U.S.
- Opportunities to participate in professionally supervised survey and excavation archaeological projects.
- Opportunities to participate in professionally supervised laboratory projects.
- Volunteer work and service projects.
- Colorado Archaeological Society Annual meetings.
- Support Archaeological certification training (PAAC) offered in conjunction with History Colorado.
- Camaraderie with other avocationalists, students, and professionals interested in archaeology and cultural preservation issues.
Classes of Membership
(A) Individual Membership. Individual members shall receive one copy of
Southwestern Lore and all IPCAS and CAS emails for members. ($28 per year)
(B) Family Membership. Family Membership shall include one or two adult(s) and all named
juvenile members of their family, or two adults living together in one household. Family
members shall receive one copy of Southwestern Lore and all IPCAS and CAS emails for members.
Adults are considered to be at least eighteen years of age or married. ($33 per year)
(C) Senior Citizens/Disabled Membership. Senior Citizens/Disabled Membership shall be available to individuals or
families who are at least 65 years of age or permanently disabled. This category shall pay one-
half the regular dues and shall not receive Southwestern Lore, but will receive all IPCAS and CAS emails
for members. ($14 individual per year, $16.50 family per year)
(D) Student Membership. Student Membership shall be available to any individuals or families with
current student identification. This category shall pay one-half the regular dues and shall receive
one copy of Southwestern Lore and IPCAS and CAS emails for members. ($14 individual per year, $16.50 family per year)
Membership is open to any person interested in archaeology. All members must agree to and adhere to the code of ethics.
Download the membership application: Indian Peaks Chapter Membership Application (PDF)
Membership term runs from January through December. Mail Memership forms to: PO Box 18301, Boulder, CO 80308‐1301. Please make check payable to: Indian Peaks Chapter, CAS. Southwestern Lore is mailed to members in the Individual, Family, and Student membership categories. All other communication is sent to members via email.
Stay tuned for online membership applications beginning in 2018!