Indian Peaks Chapter, Colorado Archaeological Society sponsors a number of field trips each year to Colorado and other locations around the Western US.
All field trip participants must be current members of the Indian Peaks Chapter, Colorado Archaeological Society (IPCAS) or Colorado Archaeological Society (CAS).
Upcoming Field Trips:
Sanitas Valley & Dakota Ridge Archaeology Hike: February 24
Make your own field trip in Boulder by visiting sites and buildings featured by the City of Boulder’s Open Space & Mountain Parks Department! Use the Story Map below to explore cultural landscapes around Boulder and to plan your own adventure. Brought to you by IPCAS Outreach Coordinator, Christian Driver.
Past Field Trips sponsored by the Indian Peaks Chapter, Colorado Archaeological Society
- Chautauqua Meadow, Boulder, Colorado
- White Rocks Archaeological Area, Boulder County, Colorado
- Cedar Mesa/Comb Ridge, San Juan County, Utah
- Mesa Verde Field Trip, Cortez area, Colorado
- Sacred Sites in Rocky Mountain National Park
- History Colorado Archive Behind the Scenes Tour
- Mimbres Ruins, Culture and Pottery, Southwest New Mexico
- Northern Rio Grande Pueblos, Santa Fe area, New Mexico
- Chaco Canyon, Aztec Ruin and Salmon Ruins, Northwest New Mexico
- Game Drives in Indian Peaks Wilderness and Rocky Mountain National Park
- Historic Dearfield Archaeological Site and Town, Dearfield, Colorado
- Lamb Springs Archaeological Preserve, Douglas County, Colorado
- Blackfoot Cave Prehistoric Archaeological Site
- Lindenmeier Folsom Archaeological Site, Larimer County, Colorado
- South Park Prehistoric Archaeological Site, South Park, Colorado
- Denver Museum of Nature and Science – behind the scenes tour, Denver, Colorado
- Stone Circle Sites in Boulder County, Colorado
- Carrizo Canyon, Crack Cave and Cottonwood Canyon, Southeast Colorado