The Indian Peaks Chapter of the Colorado Archaeological Society (IPCAS) invites submissions for poster presentation proposals from the academic, professional and avocational archaeology communities for the 85th Colorado Archaeological Society Annual Meeting scheduled on September 25, 2020. These posters should highlight a researched topic(s) relevant to the practice of archaeology or archaeology of Colorado, including the Intermountain West, Great Plains, or Southwest geographic regions. The aim of the poster session is to facilitate dissemination of research results to the broader archaeological community. In addition to the topics mentioned below, other topics of interest include (but are not limited to) public archaeology, indigenous archaeology, collections analysis, museum studies, education and outreach, digital archaeology, and geospatial studies.
Presenters will be expected to be available during the conference poster session to discuss their research with the conference attendees during the virtual exhibit hall hours. IPCAS will provide the presenters with sharing meetings and tools.
To submit an abstract for inclusion in the poster session, please e-mail an abstract to firstname.lastname@example.org by 11:59 pm on September 4, 2020.
Three Presenters Will Be Presented Awards for Best Posters!
Award-winning posters will be determined by rubric-based evaluations from the Indian Peaks Chapter board or committee appointed by the board. Three awards will be offered to academic and non-academic posters for first ($250), second ($150) and third ($100) place poster. A special Peoples’ Choice category winner may be awarded at the discretion of the appointed committee. The winners will be announced preceding the keynote address. Attendance is required.
Abstract Submission and Contact:
|Poster Abstract Submissions||Digital Poster Submission||Virtual Poster Presentation|
|Sept. 4, 2020||Sept. 18, 2020||Sept. 26, 2020|
Poster Session Details and Requirements
- An opportunity to discuss your research with engaged academic, professional and avocational archaeologists during the Poster Session times in the exhibit hall.
- An opportunity to participate in a fully virtual conference.
- An opportunity to receive a cash award for best poster. Poster categories for cash awards are: First, Second and Third places for posters ($250, $150, $100) as well as People’s Choice Award ($100).
Abstract Submission Requirements:
- Create your abstract in Microsoft Word. You may use free alternatives, such as Google Docs, and save the file as a .doc file for submission.
- Use bold size 14 Arial for the abstract title and all author’s names.
- Use size 12 Arial for the abstract text.
- The body of the abstract may not exceed 500 words in length.
- Submit your abstract as a Word document with the file extension “.doc” or “.docx”
- In the body of the e-mail include:
The presenting author(s) name, position, and institution.
Presenting authors should indicate if they are current members of the Colorado Archaeological Society or the Colorado Council of Professional Archaeologists.
Email abstracts as an attachment to: email@example.com
- The author will create one 24”x36” or 36″x44″ poster per entry.
- The poster will be displayed through screen share and can be either horizontal or vertical.
- The top of each poster is the title area which includes: Research Title, Author(s), and institution or company/business.
- A digital business card can be shared during the poster presentation session by the presenter.
- Completed posters must be submitted to IPCAS in PDF format. Additional instructions will be provided in the abstract submission confirmation email.
Poster Session Presentation
- Authors should arrive in time to set up their posters for display in the virtual meeting before the first scheduled poster display session begins.
- Posters will be displayed in individual breakout meeting rooms where conference participants can view and comment at will.
- Poster presenters are expected to be available to discuss their posters with the conference attendees during the poster session slots on Saturday, September 26 for a minimum of 30 minutes during each session. To be eligible for the monetary awards presenters must be available for additional time during the award judging event prior to the keynote address at 7:00 PM on Saturday, September 26, 2020. Exact session times will be disseminated in the formal submission confirmation emails sent to all participants.